Thursday, April 9, 2009

So Hick!

So I opened this blog a few days ago and have sat down several times to start posting on it, but every time my fingers hit the keyboard my mind went blank. I'm not just talking about lined paper blank, but white printer paper blank. That's right, Nada! Absolutely nothing was coming to mind. Then today, I found myself driving back from my 6 year old nephew's soccer game in Spanish Fork and wound up behind this old busted & rusting Ford truck with a farmdog and tire in the back and a shotgun strapped in the back window for all the world to see. Now if that isn't the epitome of a Spanish Fork Hick, I don't know what is. And after that lovely description, I have to admit that although I am NOT from Spanish Fork, I did in fact attend Spanish Fork High School. That's right, I was a Don! And sadly enough, I went throughout all four of my high school years knowing only that our mascot was some strange man running around in a flat hat and a cape. Now if anyone can explain to me exactly what a Don is, I'd be eternally grateful. On that sad plea of educating me about my own high school mascot, I'm signing off now. Next time I'll clue those of you who dare to even read this blog a little about myself and how I came to be where I am. Chow!

2 comments:

  1. HA ha ha! Aisha you're funny!I love it keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aish! You went through all 3 years of high school not knowing what a Don was? and the five years since? haha! A Don is the word for Lord, as in Lord of the Manor, in Spanish. Think of Zorro: Don Diego, Don Juan. It's just a title of nobility, in Spanish. :) now you can be eternally grateful to me. haha

    ReplyDelete